Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy in 3D Scan
Surface rendering 4D ultrasound of a rare case of cervical ectopic pregnancy.
- The endometrium is regular and clear on coronal view with no signs of intrauterine gestational sac.
- Longitudinal plane of the uterus from the fundal line to the external os.
- Transverse plane of the corporeal cervical zone.
- Coronal plane of the uterus and cervix.
- 3D view of the corporeal decidual cavity.
- The junctional area of the corpus and cervix at the point of entry of the uterine vessels.
- The cervical canal is expanded by gestational sac containing embryonic complex and yolk sac with intimate penetration of the chorionic shell into the cervical substance.
- Closed internal and external os.
The color flow map of the area of interest shows:
- The sparse corporeal vascularisation in contradiction with the very rich cervical vascularisation which is remarkable below the point of entry of the uterine vessels at the level of internal os.
- The vessels form a ring-of-fire around the gestational sac.