First Trimester Ultrasound Course
Course Objectives and Target Skills
- What we can do: Brainstorming and Scanning Standards.
- Safe use of US machine and correct settings.
- Probe orientation, probe care and infection control (transabdominal and transvaginal).
- Confirmation of true intrauterine location of pregnancy.
- Detection of fetal cardiac activity and embryonic viability.
- Measurement of gestational sac diameter and crown rump length.
- Exclusion of early visceral, somatic or morphologic defects.
- Nuchal Translucency and screening for trisomies and genetic ultrasound.
- Doppler applications and uses in early pregnancy.
- Introduction to 4D ultrasound applications in early pregnancy.
- Accurate documentation of measurements.
- Producing written summary and interpretation of results and final reporting.
- Communicating normal or abnormal results to parents.
- Arranging appropriate follow up or intervention among multi-disciplinary team.