Second Trimester Ultrasound Online Course
Course Objectives and Target Skills
- Safe use of US machine and use of correct settings.
- Accurate measurement of BPD, HC, AC, FL.
- Accurate documentation of measurements and observations, including chart plotting.
- Assessment of liquor volume measurement of amniotic fluid index (AFI) and maximum vertical pocket depth (MVPD).
- Assessment of placental position using the trans-abdominal route.
- Arranging appropriate follow up or referral.
- Producing written summary and interpretation of results.
- Accurate measurements of TCD and lateral atrial diameter of the cerebral ventricles.
- Confirm normal anatomy of
- Central nervous system (brain and spine).
- Heart and lungs.
- Gastro-intestinal tract.
- Genito-urinary system.
- Upper and lower limbs.
- Perform full anomaly scan.
- Recognise somatic, visceral or morphological structural anomalies.
- Locate and assess placenta.
- Assess liquor volume.
- Doppler applications and uses in mid-pregnancy.
- Introduction to 4D ultrasound applications in mid-pregnancy.