In this gynecology ultrasound course you will learn how to perform a gynecological scan using transvaginal route and how to detect and interpret pathologies.
Course Objectives and Target Skills
- Selection and set up of the US machine to ensure safe and optimal use to include appropriate probe selection and orientation.
- Accurate measurement of the endometrium in the accepted sagittal plane.
- Assessment of the adnexal regions: accurate identification of the normal ovaries, normal Fallopian tube, normal pelvic fluid.
- Accurate measurement of normal and abnormal adnexal structures: mean diameter and volume.
- Recognize and evaluate common:
- Endometrial and myometrial abnormalities and pathologies.
- Ovarian pathologies and complex ovarian masses.
- Doppler applications and uses in gynecology.
- Introduction to 3D ultrasound applications in gynecology.
- Patient communication.
- Producing written summary and interpretation of results.
- Issue structured written report.
- Arranging appropriate follow up or intervention among multi-disciplinary team.
Course Program, Curriculum and Contents
|Slides (pptx)||Notes (pdf)|
|III||24||Normal Gynecological Anatomy (Uterus, Tubes and Ovaries)||17||2|
|25||Ultrasound of Gynecological Pathology of the Uterus||18||4|
|26||Ultrasound of Gynecological Pathologies of Fallopian Tubes and Ovaries||31||6|