First Trimester Ultrasound Course
Course Objectives and Target Skills
- What we can do: Brainstorming and Scanning Standards.
- Safe use of US machine and correct settings.
- Probe orientation, probe care and infection control (transabdominal and transvaginal).
- Confirmation of true intrauterine location of pregnancy.
- Detection of fetal cardiac activity and embryonic viability.
- Measurement of gestational sac diameter and crown rump length.
- Exclusion of early visceral, somatic or morphologic defects.
- Nuchal Translucency and screening for trisomies and genetic ultrasound.
- Doppler applications and uses in early pregnancy.
- Introduction to 4D ultrasound applications in early pregnancy.
- Accurate documentation of measurements.
- Producing written summary and interpretation of results and final reporting.
- Communicating normal or abnormal results to parents.
Arranging appropriate follow up or intervention among multi-disciplinary team.
Course Program, Curriculum and Contents
|Slides (pptx)||Notes (pdf)|
|I||1||Routine Use of Obstetric Ultrasound||23||6|
|2||Ultrasound Evaluation of Normal Early Pregnancy||17||3|
|4||Ultrasound Markers of Chromosomal Anomalies in First Trimester||28||3|
|5||Ultrasound Evaluation of Abnormal Early Pregnancy||31||7|