Gynecology Ultrasound Scan Essentials
- Detection of uterine malformations (in cases of repeated pregnancy loss).
- Location, shape and dimensions of the uterus.
- Detection of:
- Any myometrial lesions and its relation to the cavity.
- Endometrial response in the normal cycle.
- Endometrial lesions and its flow pattern.
- Location, shape, dimensions and texture of both ovaries.
- Detection of any adnexal cysts or masses and its flow pattern.
- Doppler assessment of adnexal cysts or masses.
- Intrauterine device localization.
- Route of ultrasound scan: Transvaginal (Transabdominal in virgin patients).