Anomaly Scan Essentials
- Time of scan: 18 – 22 weeks of pregnancy (can be up to 24 weeks).
- Number of fetuses.
- Visualization of the fetal lie and presentation at time of scan.
- Confirmation of fetal viability and measurement of fetal heart rate.
- Assessment of growth parameters and fetal weight using fetal biometry and growth curves.
- Confirmation of absence of somatic, visceral and morphologic defects.
- Detection of detectable congenital anomalies.
- Detection of placental location thickness and distance from internal os.
- Assessment of amniotic fluid.
- Confirmation of fetal sex
- Route of ultrasound scan: Transabdominal.