Fetal Doppler Flowmetry Essentials
- Time of ultrasound scan: upon request.
- Assessment of blood flow in fetal circulation through measuring and reporting of:
- Flow in umbilical artery (resistive index in umbilical artery).
- Flow all over the fetal body (mean velocity in fetal aorta).
- Perfusion to the fetal brain (resistive index and peak systolic velocity of middle cerebral artery).
- Perfusion in fetal liver (ductus venosus wave form shape ).
- Uterine artery flow (resistive index).
- Route of ultrasound scan: Transabdominal.